Thursday, February 20, 2014

Homemade Coffee Creamer!

Ahhh.....I love milk day. Its no secret that I'm madly in love with the raw milk that I get for my family from our herd shares. I know that I am providing my family with the best of the best ingredients as well as its just such a great feeling to know where our food comes from.

Now the milk is of course a HUGE benefit of the you know...milk. But because we get raw, non-homogenized milk, then we also get the delicious cream that collects on the top. This is a MASSIVE bonus for us. I am able to make all kinds of delectable items out of this heavenly cream. You all know of my butter and Ice Cream making which I am able to make with the heavy cream but I also whip up a batch of vanilla coffee creamer for the hubs every week. He does like his coffee with cream in it. And to be honest.....I love it in my tea to make a London Fog.

Its sooooo easy to make and cost effective. AND I really do love the flavor ;-)

Homemade Vanilla Coffee Creamer

You will need:


  • 1 pint of organic Half and Half
OR
  • 1 cup of Heavy Cream (preferable raw)
  • 1 cup of Whole Milk (I use Raw of course)
  • 4 Tbsp of pure Maple syrup
  • 1 Tbsp of homemade or store bought Vanilla extract
Preparation:

1.) Add all ingredients to your jar.


2.) Put lid on and Shake your jar.


3.) Label. And DONE!!! Ridiculous easy right?!?!


Now...go pour yourself a cup of piping hot coffee.....or in my case steaming cup of earl gray tea. Pour in some of this. Sip that creamy deliciousness that is homemade goodness. <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment