Monday, January 13, 2014

2014 Goals



I had learned early on that New Years "Resolutions" usually don't make it past the first month before they are cast aside and forgotten about. I'm more inclined to call them goals. That way there is no pressure to have them done. More to have something to work towards. Then you feel so much more accomplished when you have completed them.

This year my goals are for both homesteading and personal. I like to stay well rounded and grounded.

 
 
2014 Goals
 
  1. Build Planters - We live in a rental house so are unable to build a real garden as we have pretty strict landlords :-/
  2. Plant Garden (Vegetables and Fruit) - in the planters of course
  3. Start Purchasing Raw Milk  YAY COMPLETE!!!!
  4. Make Dress - I'm always making things for the girls and others but I've never made anything really for myself. I've seen an idea of purchasing vintage sheets and making a dress. Really want to do this for the summer.
  5. Build a Chicken Coop (for the neighbors) -  We live in a rental house but have some pretty awesome neighbors who are willing to loan us some of the back land, when needed, for chickens in exchange for as many eggs as they want. So we are going to build a coop/tractor (for our neighbors chickens).
  6. Replace/Build Savings account - When we started out we owned a VERY Small house in Seattle. Then Sophie came and, shortly after, Beanie. We learned pretty quickly that not only did we need more family around but we were quickly out growing our house. Unfortunately, the economy didn't really seem to care about are situation so we ended up selling our house under short sale. We first drained our savings to move to Utah to be closer to one of my sisters but found out quickly it wasn't for us. So, again drained our account to move to Kentucky to be closer to my mother and family. This was the proper move for us but very costly in that we, again, we're stuck with no savings. So this is the year to put that back!
  7. Start Christmas Presents - Last year I waited WAY too long and was left scrambling at the end of the year. I always make our presents for family so this year I would like to get a head start.
  8. Make Kombucha - I've always heard this stuff is amazing for you. And I have found a flavor that I like at Kroger. So maybe this year is the year to start brewing it for myself? We'll see.
  9. Purchase Bow - This is for Greg. He has really shown interested in archery and hunting. And to be honest, having a freezer full of organic, FREE Meat, is mighty appealing. 
 
So those are my goals. Again both for Homesteading and personal. Not bad for already having completed one!
 
Yay for 2014!!

2 comments:

  1. Leah just gave me 2 jars of Kombucha to try that she made, I wasn't expecting it to be bubbly! So yum-o!

    ReplyDelete