Monday, January 27, 2014

Time flies when you are having fun



It seems like yesterday when I brought home my first baby girl. I'll never forget those wide beautiful blue eyes looking up at me for the first time and all the amaze and wonderment of it all. And then just a couple short years later my second bundle of love came along. My sweet and wonderful "Bean". And while I yearn for the days when I'm not on constant alert for my little ones, times bring us right back to reality and I relish those sweet little snuggles.

Today was like any other morning with the hustle and bustle around the house. Up early and rushing about the house to get Sox off to preschool. Drop off went well and Bean and I returned home to do our normal morning time set up. I fixed her a hot breakfast of leftover baked French Toast that I had made over the weekend. Then after all was done shuffled her off to her room for a short show of "Little Einsteins" while I made butter and then vacuumed. Seems easiest to do these quick tasks while my ever so inquisitive Sox is in school for now. After butter making and vacuuming I told Beanie it was time to get dressed so we could go about our day and go get sister soon. I followed her into her room as she ran off and in slow motion it seemed, she tripped over her own feet in only the way two year olds do and face planted into the corner leg of her bed.

Now its funny but when things like this happen I get amazingly calm and collected. Strange as I always imagined myself freaking out in said situation but I don't. I picked up my now screaming toddler and wiped the blood from her nose and comforted her in the way only a mommy could. And as I sat there rocking her and hushing quietly to her it hit me. These are the moments that I will miss most. I had a big morning planned of making wonton wrappers and more organizing but at that moment none of that mattered. Because my baby NEEDED me. And she didn't want me to go. So I sat there rocking her. Closing my eyes and smelling her sweet hair. And trying so hard to imprint this moment into my memory so I will always have it.

It goes so fast. Too fast it seems. These times we have with our children. We find out that a new little bundle is coming. We bring that bundle home. And with a blink of an eye they are growing up and independent and you are fighting with them to just give you a quick hug. I'm already learning that now with my sweet Bean. Ahhh independence. Two is the year that we get to experience it lol. Potty training has been a test of patience that's for sure. But I love those sweet moments when time seems to stand still and we remember what it was like when they were babies. I know my babies are still young and I have so much to look forward to. But they are growing so fast and I can't help but try and pause to remember those rare moments when all they want to do is have you hold them. I'm registering my first baby for kindergarten this year. Before I know it, I will be attending my youngest baby's graduation. And at those moments, when I watch her cross that stage, with all the excitement and joy, I will still close my eyes and I remember those big beautiful blue eyes of my Sox looking up at me while tears of joy filled her daddy's eyes. I will remember that sweet smell of my Bean's hair and how at one time, she did not want me to let her go. And all will be perfect in my world.



No comments:

Post a Comment