Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The smell of Fresh Clean Clothes....

YAY for LAUNDRY!!! Ok not really but its a necessary evil that must be had. And in our house...it must be had A LOT. Oh the days when laundry was just a couple of loads on the weekend. HA! Then two little bundles later and we've got a load every couple days and with a potty training toddler??? Forget about it! And that stuff adds up after awhile! So to combat, at least part of the necessary evil, I make my own laundry detergent and fabric softener sheets.

I will, in the future, do a post on laundry detergent, I promise. I just have a ton left BUT I did run out of softener sheets the other day so that means another batch! Now I used to do the whole "downy ball filled with vinegar" for a while. But I really missed the smell of fresh clean clothes. I love opening up the dryer and getting that warm burst of freshly cleaned clothes hit me in the soul. Such a greatness. So I was on the hunt. And low and behold......I found it!

Homemade Reusable Fabric Softener Sheets

You will need:


  • Purified Water
  • Fabric Softener of your liking (I REALLY love the Mrs. Meyers Lavender)
  • Strips of cloth (I use old cloth baby wipes I had previously made)
  • Measuring spoons

Preparation

 

1.) You are going to want to use a plastic container to store them in. I used and old yogurt container for mine. Measure out 4 Tbsp of fabric softener to every 10 Tbsp of water. I usually double the batch. Mix it up really well.


2.) Add your pieces of cloth. I usually put on the lid and give it a few good shakes. Now that is it! Super easy right?!?

Just add one of these to your load in the dryer as you would a regular disposable one. After the laundry is done drying, you can technically use it for another load. Then just add to your wash again! Clothes smelling Lovely again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment